Te@chThought‘s Day 10 challenge is:
Share five random facts about yourself.
- I love to read
- I love to swim and usually swim in every body of water that I encounter
- I am a former volunteer fire-fighter/first responder
- I have quite tiny feet for my height
- My favourite flowers are Sweet Peas and Lilacs
Share four things from your bucket list.
- Go back to Cuba to celebrate our wedding anniversary
- Sail on a liveaboard somewhere warm. Maybe the South Pacific?
- Eat lobster on the East Coast
- Dive historic shipwrecks
Share three things that you hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator.
- to extend a growth-mindset into more areas of my life
- to narrow down my Masters topic!
- to listen to my learners (past and present) to ensure that I am growing as an educator and providing dynamic and inviting educational opportunities
Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
- Laugh: too many to count! Middle School is hilarious. The “inside jokes” keep me going. Unexpected phrases that have little meaning to others, but cause uproarious laughter whenever they are uttered are priceless! Some examples include: “base-jumping bacteria”, “we’ve got the sauce” (screamed in the IKEA “start the car” fashion), “squirt”, and “Ducky”.
- Cry: the times that I could not find my way in. The students I was unable to support in the way that they needed. The relationships that never quite gelled. The kids who didn’t feel connected to the classroom community.
Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.
- I have an outstanding family. My parents work hard and care deeply about my brother and me. We had a great childhood. My husband is an incredible man. He supports me and encourages me in my journeys. I am surrounded by loving, thoughtful and generous people. My family taught me to read, gave me a love of play, keep me young, and encourage me to celebrate – often. I feel blessed.